We are often asked the question, how do we prevent party revellers from booking the properties we manage? Any hosts and serviced apartment owners who have experienced this will agree, it’s the worst case cenario and the damage can run into several thousands of pounds.
We have put together a few pointers to help hosts and owners prevent this happening:-
- Only take people with previous positive feedback/reviews.
- Never take one night bookings over the weekend.
- If the guests profile picture isn’t clear, ie: if you can only see the side of their face or they’re hiding their face, this can be a sign.
- Always check out anyone you are unsure of on LinkedIn and Facebook. Facebook often indicates if they’re party animals or not. Also, if they have set up a fake profile for the purpose of partying this will be uncovered as they won’t have social media accounts in their fake name.
- Ask questions before taking the booking. We have had instances where a guests says things in the online communications. Then at check-in they tell a different story. This is a massive red flag, in our experience people only tend to lie, if they have something to hide or are up to something.
- Go with your gut feeling, if you suspect something isn’t right, it’s not worth accepting the booking.
- When you check your guests in verify that their personal ID matches their online profile name and picture.
- Always put in your listings – ‘we operate a strict no party policy, anyone who books this property for this purpose will be asked to leave immediately. And, no refund will be given’.
Expressbnb manage serviced apartments and Airbnb properties in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Liverpool. And, also offer pay-per-service options – check-ins/outs, linen hire, cleaning services. www.expressbnb.co.uk Tel: 020 8404 7700